Position: Health and Welfare Plans Manager
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, a not-for-profit center for engineering and research and development, is seeking a Health and Welfare Plans Manager to manage and provide leadership to the coordination and service of multiple vendors on all health and welfare benefit plans.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead vendor management for multiple H&W benefit plan vendors. Establish positive working relationships fostering open communications. Establish clear expectations with vendors.
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and industry trends of health and welfare benefits. Review plan designs and make recommendations for change. Act as technical mentor to team members.
- As subject matter expert, responsible for identifying communication needs and drafting all staff communications materials on health and welfare benefits.
- Participate as a member of the APL Benefit Committee, providing in-depth industry expertise and exhibiting full understanding of APL programs. Lead projects and present to Committee and/or management.
- Responsible for development, monitoring and updating of APL’s fringe benefit budget. Track and monitor plan costs and trends as well as VEBA trust activity. Manage the annual renewals and premium setting.
- Prepare 5500 filings. Respond to external surveys on benefits and to DCAA audit requests. Support annual financial audits of the plans. Assist in the review and update of plan documents.
Candidates must possess:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, business or related field or equivalent experience and a minimum 8 years of progressive experience managing complex health and welfare benefit plans in a corporate, consulting or vendor environment.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and project management skills required.
- Demonstrated experience leading significant, complex benefit projects.
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Must work collaboratively in team environment fostering positive partnering.
- Desired qualifications: CEBS/GBP designations; Master’s degree; experience with PeopleSoft HRIS.
About APL: The Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a division of the Johns Hopkins University, located on 365 acres in suburban Maryland midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC. APL is a not-for-profit research and development organization with over 5,000 employees dedicated to solving a wide range of complex problems that present critical challenges to the nation. APL's staff and world-class facilities have made the Laboratory a major asset to the nation for more than six decades and is dedicated to advancing the nation's vision in research and space science. To learn more, visit www.jhuapl.edu.
Staff Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries.
To apply, visit https://jhuapl.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=05913
If you have any questions, please email Bryant Garcia at email@example.com